Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The New Begining

One of my best friends recently had a very bad relationship experience. It inspired my to write this. She is such a strong woman who I know will put this behind her.

Setting up the dominos
Just to have them knocked down
All the while, a smile on my face
God forbid I frown
Why can't you see it hurts me
I wish you'd just let go
Why do you pretend you love me
When we both know it's not so
Please just let me be
Don't break my heart again
You had your chance it's over now
I thought you were my friend
I'll say my final goodbye
Tomorrow I will leave
To a place where you cannot hurt me
And at peace I'll finally be
'Good-bye my love, good-bye' I'll cry
As I walk away
Don't you dare stop me this time
For you don't have a say
I am too good for your games
No matter what you think
My heart weighs heavy, it's time to go
Like a scooner it will sink, if I don't
On my journy I must go
By myself, my head held high
I am my own person now
I am free of your lies.

No comments: